Arborvore woodenware is made to be enjoyed, and with a little care and maintenance, should last a lifetime. I create and finish them with a very careful eye toward making them last, using my own handmade wood conditioner as part of that process. You can purchase a small tin of Arborvore Wood Conditioner to keep your spoons and spreaders protected from the natural drying that occurs through use. This small tin will last through many applications, and can also be used to bring your old favorite woodenware back to life.
Allergy Warning: Arborvore Wood Conditioner is made with walnut oil, and use on your wooden utensils may cause reactions in individuals with tree nut allergies. Do not use this product if you are allergic to walnuts or beeswax. Additionally – our woodenware utensils are sealed using this same product, so if you are allergic to either of these substances contact us so that we can use an alternate finishing method on your order.
How to Care for Your Arborvore Woodenware
- Hand wash with mild soap and water
- Hand dry
- Never wash in a dishwasher
- Do not leave it to soak
- As the finish wears off from use, coat it with oil and let it soak in overnight – wipe off any excess oil
- The best oils to replenish woodenware are food grade walnut oil, flax oil, or mineral oil
- For a longer lasting finish use Arborvore Wood Conditioner
If your Arborvore woodenware should ever get nicked or deeply scratched you can lightly sand rough areas with 320 or 400 grit sandpaper and then treat it as described above.